Choosing between drinking coffee or wine is a dilemma for people who like the best things in life. You can read more information about how these both drinks can set different moods on different occasions. Some people need a cup of coffee to jumpstart their morning, while some need a glass of wine or two to cap off their stressful day. Let us sift the pros and cons of coffee versus wine.
People around the world consume billions of cups of coffee every day. Some people cannot just start their day without it and some people drink coffee because of the positive effects that they can get from it. Here is a list of some health benefits from coffee.
- Drinking coffee helps lessen the risk of having heart disease and Type 2 Diabetes.
- Coffee gives protection against Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s.
- Coffee has a lot of antioxidants.
- Coffee increases metabolic rates.
- Drinking coffee can protect you from liver cirrhosis.
- Coffee helps relieve muscle pains.
- Coffee helps increase fiber intake.
- Drinking coffee helps prevent retinal damage.
- Coffee is a good protection against melanoma.
Drinking coffee is beneficial as long as it is taken in moderation. Coffee intake that is more than the usual can also be harmful to your health. Here are the disadvantages of drinking coffee.
- Roasting coffee produces a chemical called acrylamide, a type of carcinogen that can cause cancer.
- A low-quality coffee can have a lot of impurities that cause headache or sickness.
- Drinking coffee may cause restlessness and insomnia.
Drinking wine moderately can be the center of happiness to many. A wine always finds its way to the center of the table during celebrations or after a long stressful day. Here are the health benefits of drinking wine in moderation.
- Wine is full of antioxidants that can help reduce the risks of cancer.
- Drinking a glass of wine a day helps boosts your immune system.
- Wine can help increase your calcium which results in higher bone density.
- Drinking wine in moderation helps prevent blood clotting and therefore, helps reduce stroke.
- Wine can help lower cholesterol.
- Drinking a glass of wine a day can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Wine improves cognitive function.
- Wine reduces the risk of Type 2 diabetes.
No matter how these benefits sound good to you. Health experts do not recommend drinking wine because of their disadvantages.
- Wine can cause an inflammation of pancreas.
- Wine can cause liver damage.
- Wine can cause cancer of the liver, mouth, throat, larynx and esophagus.
- Wine can contribute to high blood pressure.
- Wine can have psychological and second-order problems which are known to cause injuries and domestic abuse.
The bottom line is that both drinks give us unimaginable health benefits. Whether we choose to drink coffee or wine, we should be responsible to know if we are drinking just to comfort us or we drink these beverages because of addiction. Strive to maintain a healthy and balanced drinking habit to attain the positive benefits of drinking wine or coffee.